COVID-19 PROCEDURES AND PROTOCOLS
An important letter to our patients regarding Covid-19 and our protocols:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot since the start of the pandemic, and we are very comfortable with our new normal habits and updated routines in the office. We are confident that you will continue to partner with us in taking all the necessary precautions to ensure the continued safety of our practice family. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have noticed this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are created so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the latest infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
The following changes were made to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive.
- Please wear a mask when you come to the office.
- We respectfully request that all patients come into the office without a companion, unless necessary for assistance or to accompany a minor. If so, the companion will need to wear a mask and undergo the same screening process as the patient.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you arrive. We will take your temperature and monitor your oxygen level as a precautionary measure.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or brochures, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We ask that you remain in your car when you arrive. Please call the office from the parking lot and we will let you know when to come upstairs.
- We will look a bit different. We have plexiglass sneeze-guards, air purifiers with HEPA filters, hand sanitizers and our staff will be masked at all times for everyone’s protection.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we taken to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Ira Rosen, Dr. Shari Ginsburg and our amazing team!